Reducing the risk of infection with viruses and protect yourself from a cold is quite real. It is necessary to adhere to the following rules to reduce the likelihood of infection and minimize the likelihood of complications if you still get sick.
- Try to avoid large numbers of people, especially in confined spaces. Of course, one cannot get away from going to work, to kindergarten or school, but nevertheless, during the period of acute respiratory infections, it is better to try to avoid crowded places.
- If there is an opportunity, to abandon public transport and walk, then it is better to use it, because the probability of being infected in the fresh air is much less than in a closed room.
- Try not to get too close to the person, keep a distance so as not to catch the viruses transmitted by airborne droplets.
- If someone from the household is still sick, try to isolate him in another room, especially if there are children in the house. Give him a respiratory mask and individual dishes.
- In addition to the airborne path, viruses can be transmitted through contact. It is necessary to wash hands as often as possible, try not to hold the handrails in public transport and, in any case, do not touch your face with dirty hands.
- It is necessary to exercise vigilance and caution when visiting clinics, because there the concentration of viruses is very high.
- Warm and dry air in the house is a great environment for pathogens. It is necessary to carry out wet cleaning more often, regularly humidify the air and ventilate the room.
- You can maintain a certain temperature in the room of 16-22 degrees and humidity – about 70%.
- Avoiding the entry of pathogenic bacteria into the body will help frequent washing of hands. If you are on the road, and there is no way to wash your hands, then use an antiseptic or wet wipes.
- Nasal flushing is another effective way to avoid illness. In pharmacies there is always a salt solution for washing, as it can be prepared at home: dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt in 1 liter of boiled water at room temperature.
We are not protected from viruses, but we can reduce the risk of infection, only by following simple rules. Balanced nutrition, sports, good mood and good sleep also reduce the likelihood of getting sick.